We often get asked questions about the listing and marketing process. What are the steps involved? What kind of marketing is done? What works and what does not? While this is not a comprehensive list, it should give you an idea of the process.
What are the benefits of listing with Ian Hodson?
1) Strength of the company - Royal LePage is a Canadian owned and operated company that has been going since 1913 and is now the largest Real Estate brokerage on the Island.
2) Professional Photography
3) Professionally produced floorplans or immersive 3D walk through (a ‘dolls house’ view)
4) Professional marketing flyers/brochures
5) Internet - According to a survey conducted by the National Association of Realtors, 87% of buyers begin their search on the internet – and this is going up! Your property will be listed on:
a) The MLS (Multiple Listing Service) – Canada’s MLS is recognised as the best and most visited Real Estate site by buyers. Over 36,000 buyers are signed up on the MLS Private Client Services program at any one time. That’s a lot of exposure for your property!
b) Royal LePage website – This website gets over 1 million hits per month – great exposure across Canada.
c) Royal LePage Nanaimo Realty website.
d) Personal website –www.GreatHomesinNanaimo.ca, plus other sites such as Craigslist, Facebook, Homefinder, Point2Homes, Zoocasa, Commnet, Homezilla, Listnet, The Real Estate Book, TradeHomes.
6) Woodgrove Mall Kiosk - Your home will be advertised at our kiosk in the largest mall on the island which attracts over 6 million visitors per year.
7) Open houses - You may be told that open houses do not work. That is just not true. Some buyers either prefer to look around on their own or their realtor may be reluctant to bring them out citing family commitments or time constraints. Either way, unless they enter the home, you could lose a potential buyer. Who better to explain the features and benefits of your home than us?
8) Lawn signs - Surprisingly, a survey from the National Association of Realtors showed that 15% of sales came from lawn signs! You will have a professional looking wooden post and sign.
9) Feedback - You will receive prompt, unedited feedback on all showings. As well, we will provide possible solutions to any objections brought up by the showing realtor.
10) Prompt return of emails and phone calls - You will be called or emailed as quickly as possible. No middle persons or assistants, you will have my personal cell phone number.
11) Regular market updates - We will keep you in the loop as to what is happening with homes similar to yours.
12) Last but not least - You get a professional realtor from a professional, well established national brokerage. We will always put forth our best effort. If it does not sell, we do not get paid – it’s as simple as that.